Feedback & Suggestions

How could we improve Pillow?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Automatic mode should optionally enable “Do not disturb”

Automatic mode is awesome! ...except, I still need to manually turn on the “do not disturb” setting on my watch or phone to avoid being woken up by calls or alerts. It’d be great if I could allow Pillow to enable “do not disturb” as soon as it sensed me sleeping. Also, the reverse would be great too—when I wake up, it would disable “do not disturb.” Both of these settings should be separate and optional, so each user can mix and match to their specific needs.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, iOS does not allow third party apps to change the “Do not Disturb” setting.

• Add custom color options to Phone and Watch apps

Currently the phone app displays a purple gradient background. The watch app also displays the labels and icons in a vivid purple color.

Studies have shown that blue/violet light can suppress melatonin production, delaying the onset of restful sleep. Adding custom color options, or at the minimum a red color option may help improve user experience and reduce the potentially damaging effect to the user's sleep.

Relevant study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2831986/

"In one experiment, Kunz showed that exposing healthy subjects to 30 minutes of 500 lux polychromatic blue light an hour before bedtime, in their natural home environment, delayed the onset of…

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this. The blue light emitted by screens can potentially affect the sleep quality as the study suggests. However custom colour options cannot improve this:

The blue light can potentially affect sleep only after 30 minutes of exposure. The ideal thing to do is to avoid screen time at least 30 min before bedtime. Opening Pillow right before sleep for a few seconds just to start a session will have zero effect on your sleep quality regardless of the colour scheme.

If you still want to use your iPhone at bedtime, we recommend that you enable “Night Shift” mode that is available in iOS or use special glasses that reduce the blue light emitted by screens. Due to the way LED screens work, blue light will still be emitted from the backlight of the panel even if the screen is fully black. Only OLED screens emit…

• Blood pressure measurement

It would be grat if we could measure blood pressure when we sleep over iWatch. I don't know if iWatch have that option.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! Blood pressure cannot be measured by the Apple Watch. If a future model of the Apple Watch allows this, we’ll be more than happy to support it. Thank you for your understanding.

• Улучшенная интеграция с AppleWatch

Запись с микрофона AppleWatch.
          Автоматический запуск программы Pillow на iPhone, после нажатия кнопки старт на AppleWatch. Запоминание последнего режима сна для использования в текущей сессии.

0 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. This is not possible due to limitations of watchOS. We have noted this to be considered if those restrictions are removed on an future version of watchOS.

• alarm deactivation from locked screen.

When the alam goes off, I have to unlock the phone to deactivate the alarm. Please make it so that i can turn off the alarm without unlocking my phone.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, this is currently impossible for technical reasons. We generally suggest you leave the Phone unlocked with the Pillow app open, for optimal results.

• Flashlight Widgit

A flashlight button at the bottom of the screen during the sleep session would be awesome.

0 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! I’m afraid this is beyond the scope of the app. It’s extremely easy to bring up the flashlight from the control center, by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.

• Automatic start at bedtime

So a big problem I have is, and this might just be me, I forget to turn on the app when I go to bed. I might end up turning it on in the middle of the night, which messes up my statistics, or I just won't turn it on at all. If there was a setting that you could turn on to where it would automatically start at a certain time or location that would help so much. I always have my phone on me anyways so recording my sleep wouldn't be a problem. Also, if you could set…

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently impossible for multiple reasons. When an iOS app is closed, there’s no guarantee that it will run on a specific time, let alone perform a very complicated set of actions like Pillow does, which could also consume significant amount of battery.

• Automatized sistem

Hello.
                  It will be good if we can create automatized schedules for starting and finishing sesions like regular alarms of the iphone, and also, set the days for the schedules.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently impossible for multiple reasons. When an iOS app is closed, there’s no guarantee that it will run on a specific time, let alone perform a very complicated set of actions like Pillow does, which could also consume significant amount of battery.

• Manually adding other sleep hours

So that if we end up falling asleep without using the app, we can still at least add what time we went to bed and what time we woke up.

8 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. Pillow’s algorithm requires realtime motion and audio data to properly calculate the sleep quality of each sleep session.

• Add sound wave and motion graph

I think it would be nice to be able to view a graph of the sound intensity throughout the night. It would also be neat to have a graph of the actual motion created during the different sleep phases. Having them stacked would make it possible to view the statistics for any given hour.

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,
                        Thank your for your feedback. Pillow monitors sound and motion continuously throughout the night but uses intelligent algorithms to keep only important sounds events to save battery, CPU and most importantly disk space: 6-8 hours of audio data on a daily basis, would be too large and take too much space. Hopefully advances in the technology and increased disk space per device will allow us to handle and keep much more data.

• how all data is lost if accidentally exited incorrectly

Twice now all data was lost because some other function of my iPhone was accidentally activated when I picked it up to turn off Pillow. Make it impossible to exit Pillow without pushing the count down button and make it possible to return to that screen no matter what else you do with the phone.

5 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We are really sorry to hear for the data loss. It is technically impossible to prevent switching to another app due to the way iOS works.

However we’ve made various improvements to prevent data loss on the latest versions of Pillow. Please don’t hesitate to contact us your still experience data loss problems, by opening up a support ticket.

• Multiple alarms (hear me out)

I've seen this declined multiple times, but if you want us to be able to use smart wake up, make it a setting for each alarm rather than being a global setting for all alarms. What if I want smart wake up on Saturday when I sleep in, but not through the week because of work or because I'm getting to bed late and want that extra 15 minutes of sleep.

If smart wake up was a setting for each alarm, the app can still reference data for previous sleep cycles to determine optimum wake time, but it could also…

2 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, it’s always great to hear from our users, especially the ones that love Pillow!

Our decision not to include multiple alarms has been made after a lot of debate and discussion. Allow us to explain our reasoning against it:

Multiple wake up times are used for:
                            1. Waking up at a different time on a given day.
                            2. A way to snooze and have the alarm sound multiple times a few minutes apart.

Regarding no.1:
                            Scientific evidence has shown that trying to sleep and wake up at approximately the same time every day results in better sleep quality. By allowing multiple alarms in Pillow, we would be allowing you to do something that goes against our mission to improve your sleep quality.

Of course it’s not always possible to wake up at the same time every day. That…

• have a pause button during sleep

I know that sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I am usually wide awake and up for an hour or so. i think it would be great if there was something like a pause button so when you fully wake up in the middle of the night it won't affect your overall sleep data.

13 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,
                              Waking up in the middle of the night should generally be recorded as part of your sleep pattern.

If your stop the sleep session, Pillow will ask the you if you want to continue a previously recorded session within a 15 minute time window.

We are considering adding an option to let you adjust this 15 minute window so that could also help.

• Line graph

The blocks used can be quite hard on the eyes. Could you please give the option to view a line graph instead? I think it would be more accurate that way too.

18 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A line chart is definitely easier to read, but it’s not the most accurate and scientific way to display sleep data, mainly because sleep is divided into phases and our brain and body switch between them without intermediate states.

You can find a post on our blog explaining this in more detail:
                                “Visualising your sleep with Pillow”
                                https://neybox.com/visualising-sleep-in-pillow/

• Standby Screen

It's a little uncomfortable when I roll over in the middle of the night and I am met with a rather hot iPad screen. I'm positive that it would take a lot less battery and it would be a bit more comfortable for restless sleepers like me if you could figure out a way to turn off the scree, just while its faced down or not moving or something. Thanks!

2 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,
                                  it’s currently technically impossible to turn off the screen of the iPad if the app is in the foreground because the device doesn’t have a proximity sensor that iPhones do. You could lock your iPad after you start your sleep sessions but it is not recommended.

• Preset alarms

Ability to set alarms for certain days/times as well as designate days where no alarm is needed. In addition it would be great to have the alarms themselves be "smart" (sense when you are going to sleep by using previous data

42 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,
                                    First of all thank you for your feedback. This is a feature that we have considered right from the start but we ultimately had to trade off with features that better serve Pillow’s goal which differs from a typical alarm clock.

Pillow’s core mission is to help you sleep better and wake up naturally based on your sleep cycles.So alarm presets would be incompatible with Pillow’s Smart Wake up and snooze features, if the presets are a few minutes apart, because Pillow tries to wake you up at the best possible time based the stage of sleep you’re in.

Also, research has shown us that setting that the alarm time should be easily adjustable every day in order to achieve your 7-8 hour goal. This is why setting the alarm time in Pillow is a straightforward one-step process, along with the indicator on the right that dynamically calculates your…

• Connect with @MovesApp, please

I know you connect with some health monitors already. My fave is Moves, which is free and works so well. FB just bought 'em and has promised to keep it a standalone app. Many thanks.

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, thank you reaching out. Thanks to Apple Health, Moves can share data with Pillow so there is no need for a direct connection.

• Support for iOS 6

Please add support for iOS 6. I'm stuck with iPod Touch 4.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Pillow uses some of latest technologies and APIs provided only on iOS 7 so it is technically impossible to support iOS 6.

• Ability for multiple alarms/ alarm Import

Ability to import alarms from ipad/iphone clock app. Be able to set alarms for multiple
                                        days.

15 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank your for your feedback! Pillow does not support multiple alarms as it would be incompatible with it’s “Smart Wake up” feature that dynamically determines the wake up time and snooze periods based on your sleep patterns for optimal waking up. Also it is currently impossible to import alarms set from the clock app.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback & Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base