How could we improve Pillow?

Tap an 'I'm awake' button for when you've woken up in the night

My first session didn't record the fact that I woke up a few times in the night, and has me logged as full deep sleep all the way through. I thought that it would be able to tell when I've woken up and gone back to sleep, but it hadn't. Unless I'm missing something and there is a function to inform it you've woken up?

225 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LorenzoLorenzo commented  · 

If I wake up in the middle of the night I don't want to have to pick up my phone, look at the screen, and tap a button. I'd like to just say some words and have the app know I'm awake without touching it. What if the app just listened for "pillow I'm awake" so that it knows you've woken up in the middle of the night.

• Tm22Tm22 commented  · 

Definetly add something regarding this. Tap screen to register Awake at any time with wish list of adding tag and or a journal entry as to why Awake (pee, thirsty, nightmare, partner, loud noise, etc user input) then restart sleep aid with option of music or no music. AND or look at having a user time delay entry in settings for how long the app should ask continue sane session when/if the app is stopped and restarted within say 5 hours (instead of current xx minutes??)

• TamelaTamela commented  · 

Yes I too found this strange that I've lifted and shaken my phone in the middle of the night and it does not recognize/register that I was awake. That doesn't make sense to me if it's using the motion sensor properly.

• SaraSara commented  · 

Agreed! I've reached over & shaken my phone, pressed the button on either my phone or watch to register that I've manually executed something & stretched my hand with apple watch above my head multiple times & none of these actions have consistently registered with the app that i'm awake. Rather than tapping an I'm awake button would it be possible for the app to do it for us if we simply pressed the sleep wake button or the home button on the phone? Or either side button on the watch?

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is one of the best ideas I've heard on the comments section. I really hope they plan it soon.
        I'm actually quite surprised they haven't yet, considering there are over 100 people who like this idea!

• DawsonDawson commented  · 

I seem to have the opposite problem. The app detects that I'm awake in the night, and I have NO MEMORY of waking up.

• Anonymous commented  · 

With the Apple Watch integration now, it seems like it could use the motion sensor to automatically update this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I woke up at 5 am this morning and in my data it shows when I woke up. Maybe you didn't place it right. You might want to turn up your mic sensitivity too.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Mine logged me as having a really restless night (which I knew) but failed to recognise I'd woken up to the extent that I nipped to the bathroom At 5am. Whilst that will be to do with device placement, I was so restless that I kept landing on it And waking up so I can't have it any closer

Feedback and Knowledge Base