How could we improve Pillow?

Improve the Watch app

I want to start a sleep session with my Apple Watch without connect him to the iPhone (activate smart alarm on the Watch)

171 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
adih2112 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminNeybox (Customer Support Agent, Neybox) responded  · 

Hello!

We’re happy to let you know that the latest version of Pillow offers the option to wake up silently using the haptic feedback mechanism of the Apple Watch.

In addition, this mode does not require the iPhone if . To enable haptic feedback alarms:
Open Pillow on the Apple Watch > Go to Settings >
Under the Alarm section > Enable “Apple Watch haptics”. If you also enable “iPhone speaker” then the iPhone will also be required.

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jared Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also having the issue with my Apple Watch series 4 where the battery was being drained more than 50% overnight. However, when I turned off the haptic alarm on the watch, the battery drain was only around 15%. Therefore, I believe the problem is the way the haptic alarm is implemented. I use manual mode, by the way.

I'm also having significant battery drain on my phone (XR). When I look at my battery usage in the settings app, Pillow is using around 32% of my battery in the background, which I find to be excessive.

I really like this app, but I might look for a different sleep tracker if these battery issues aren't fixed.

• Jose L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Draining 50% of my Apple Watch series 4 battery overnight.

I have tested over the last week to see what was draining my battery and it ended up being Pillow. Last night was my last test, where I turned off audio recording >> started the app from my watch >> killed the app on my watch (no other apps running) >> this morning the battery is 50% drained again.

I recently upgraded from an Apple Watch series 3 to a series 4. On the series 3 it would drain somewhere between 15-20 percent-max. Since the upgrade it consistently drains 50% even when I have turned off all background apps refresh.

Two nights ago I did not use the app on purpose and my phone’s battery was 98% charged when I woke up. I charge it to 100% every night before I turn the Pillow app on.

I’ve loved the app but this is really frustrating. I hope my description above helps you identify and fix the problem.

Thank you.

• Richard Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having problems with the watch app draining the watch battery down to 35% in 1 night. Without the Pillow App working, the battery only goes down to 85 or 90% in one night. With this amount of watch battery drain, I have to recharge the watch first thing in the morning otherwise it will not make it through the day. Something is consuming too much battery.

• Devin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use this every night and was excited to see haptics as an alarm option on the Apple Watch. However, according to the app on the watch, there is never enough charge to use this feature. I think there is something off about the calculation. I use pillow nightly for the alarm feature and also set a backup haptic alarm on the watch. If if I have enough charge for that, your app should be able to handle waking me up in the AM.

• Jakub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    What is that two opposite arrows beside sleep quality in night review on watch?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app Sleep++ allows to start and finish directly from the watch them it sync data to iPhone app, I can do everything from watch app.

It is very annoying needing to configure in the phone and then start in the watch, it is a very bad usability.

I really like the app but I will only by the full version when I can start it directly from the watch.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this? This would be the best feature when available. Why only measuring when you can help to wake up.

• AdminNeybox (Customer Support Agent, Neybox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Benjamin

Our aim is to make Pillow on the Apple Watch as independent as possible and hopefully watchOS 3.0 will bring us closer to that. However, it's still very early to tell. We are currently exploring what watchOS 3.0 brings to the table and which of those new features can work their way in the Apple Watch app. WatchOS 3.0 is still very young, so we must make sure everything works as expected and is thoroughly tested.

Notes and mood reporting are on our roadmap for Pillow on the Apple Watch regardless of watchOS v.3.0 :)

Stay tuned for more updates!

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

watchOS 3 seems to be bringing about major enhancement with exercise apps that allows them to stay open and use haptic feedback on the Watch. I'm not sure about the microphone though, but I personally don't care much for that feature anyways. Nonetheless, I was wondering if you plan on adopting these enhancement, or if it would even be feasible for your app to begin with. I'd love to see your app become more independent from the phone, so I'm very excited for this possibility! As a side note, please let us add sleep notes right from the Apple Watch app so I don't have to use my phone!

Actually I think there's a setting in Apple Watch that allows an app to stay in the foreground. Would that allow Pillow to access hepatic feedback and use it as smart alarm? It would be really nice especially when I use power nap in the office and don't want to disturb others with an audible alarm.

• TowelRoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With my Apple Watch app it saves on the watch and is not saves and is corrupted on my phone.

When I stop the alarm on my phone to wake up, I would like that the watch app stops automatically too. Right now I need to manually stop the watch app as well.

I'd love the ability to trim a sleep session. sometimes I forget to hit stop on my watch when I wake up and end up adding additional "wake up" time to the session

• AdminNeybox (Customer Support Agent, Neybox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your feedback. Haptic feedback, audio alerts and microphone access on the Apple Watch is not available to Apple Watch apps that are not in the foreground so it is technically impossible to do that for Pillow since the app falls in the background after a few seconds. Hopefully the upcoming version for watchOS will bring some changes regarding those restrictions.

Yeah this would be awesome. The smart alarm function(with haptic alerts/vibrating) should work on the apple watch app too. And thanks for the last update. Excellent work!

Feedback and Knowledge Base