How could we improve Pillow?

Improve the Watch app

I want to start a sleep session with my Apple Watch without connect him to the iPhone (activate smart alarm on the Watch)

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    adih2112 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminNeybox (Admin, Neybox) responded  · 

Hello,
    Thank for your feedback. Currently is impossible to start an alarm or listen to audio recordings for an app that stays in the background for multiple hours, as it is the case for Pillow. That is why we alarms and sound recordings require iPhone connectivity. Hopefully upcoming versions of watchOS or the Apple Watch will allow such functionality and we’ll be more than happy to make this possible!

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jakub commented  · 

Hello,
        What is that two opposite arrows beside sleep quality in night review on watch?

• Anonymous commented  · 

The app Sleep++ allows to start and finish directly from the watch them it sync data to iPhone app, I can do everything from watch app.

It is very annoying needing to configure in the phone and then start in the watch, it is a very bad usability.

I really like the app but I will only by the full version when I can start it directly from the watch.

• Ben commented  · 

Any news on this? This would be the best feature when available. Why only measuring when you can help to wake up.

• AdminNeybox (Admin, Neybox) commented  · 

@Benjamin

Our aim is to make Pillow on the Apple Watch as independent as possible and hopefully watchOS 3.0 will bring us closer to that. However, it's still very early to tell. We are currently exploring what watchOS 3.0 brings to the table and which of those new features can work their way in the Apple Watch app. WatchOS 3.0 is still very young, so we must make sure everything works as expected and is thoroughly tested.

Notes and mood reporting are on our roadmap for Pillow on the Apple Watch regardless of watchOS v.3.0 :)

Stay tuned for more updates!

• Benjamin commented  · 

watchOS 3 seems to be bringing about major enhancement with exercise apps that allows them to stay open and use haptic feedback on the Watch. I'm not sure about the microphone though, but I personally don't care much for that feature anyways. Nonetheless, I was wondering if you plan on adopting these enhancement, or if it would even be feasible for your app to begin with. I'd love to see your app become more independent from the phone, so I'm very excited for this possibility! As a side note, please let us add sleep notes right from the Apple Watch app so I don't have to use my phone!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Actually I think there's a setting in Apple Watch that allows an app to stay in the foreground. Would that allow Pillow to access hepatic feedback and use it as smart alarm? It would be really nice especially when I use power nap in the office and don't want to disturb others with an audible alarm.

• TowelRoot commented  · 

With my Apple Watch app it saves on the watch and is not saves and is corrupted on my phone.

• Anonymous commented  · 

When I stop the alarm on my phone to wake up, I would like that the watch app stops automatically too. Right now I need to manually stop the watch app as well.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd love the ability to trim a sleep session. sometimes I forget to hit stop on my watch when I wake up and end up adding additional "wake up" time to the session

• Khalfan Bin Dhaher commented  · 

If possible, I'd love to see features for patients with epilepsy such as triggering seizures and more.

• AdminNeybox (Admin, Neybox) commented  · 

Thank you for your feedback. Haptic feedback, audio alerts and microphone access on the Apple Watch is not available to Apple Watch apps that are not in the foreground so it is technically impossible to do that for Pillow since the app falls in the background after a few seconds. Hopefully the upcoming version for watchOS will bring some changes regarding those restrictions.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yeah this would be awesome. The smart alarm function(with haptic alerts/vibrating) should work on the apple watch app too. And thanks for the last update. Excellent work!

Feedback and Knowledge Base