How could we improve Pillow?

Vibrate with haptic feedback in the Watch

Use the watch haptic feedback as an alarm, allow me to silence the alarm otherwise. I use haptic feedback for everything else, want a silent smart alarm.

464 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ems4kife shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminNeybox (Customer Support Agent, Neybox) responded  · 

Hello,

We’re excited to let you know that the latest major update of Pillow gives you the option to setup alarms using the haptic feedback (vibrations) on the Apple Watch.

To achieve this, we had to use a special background mode that does consume more battery during the night. If you wish to keep battery consumption to a bare minimum, you can you always turn off that feature from the Settings dialog in Pillow on the Apple Watch:
Open Pillow on the Apple Watch > Scroll down and tap on “Settings” > De-select: “Apple Watch Haptics”.

Our warmest wishes for a healthy and successful new year with Pillow!

Team Neybox

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WatchOS 3 allows 3rd party workout apps to send haptic feedbacks during active workout sessions (see session 235 from WWDC 2016). I don't know if Pillow could take advantage of such features, but it seems like it could since it works in the same vein as other workout apps. I'm excited for the improvement you make to this app in the future!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basis Peak had a silent alarm, was just an alarm set for a specific time though. Having even this would be a great feature!

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just don't use the smart wake up feature on the app, I use only the cycles and sound recording feature, and the regular silent alarm on my watch.

• Ruth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree! The alarm is the only thing I don't like. I'm use to my watch' gentle alarm and I want to find a way to turn of the Pillow alarm. Regardless to how nice the music, it's an intrusion of my quiet morning before I'm ready.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base