How could we improve Pillow?

Detect when you get up

I would like the app to show you on the graph when you get out of bed during the night

168 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other apps use a combination of sensors to detect this automatically.

This not only includes the motion sensors in the Watch, but also the phone’s sensors and screen. So, if your phone is being used, you can set an option in the app to say that you are awake at that time.

That can increase the accuracy of when you wake up and check the time, but dint necessarily get out of bed.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It already does this by showing that you're awake on that portion of the graph

• You may use "theatre" mode commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first day i used this app, it did detected when I was awake and went to toilet and then the following days it cannot detect any more. I dunno why.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this! Ability to insert a range to wake up, for example 30 minutes and my Apple Watch wakes me in the right time to wake up.

• Teri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this. Right now what I do is every time I get up in the middle of the night i stop it and then hit start again and hit continue. Unless of course I forget to start it again uggh I feel like if I get up without stopping it then it will show me in a deep sleep. Maybe have some sort of bracelet that works with app to detect when you get up similar to an ifit but cheaper since all it'll do is work with this app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An excellent idea to help keep track of how many times you get up during the night, and also for the times you get up to start your day and forget to end your sleep cycle!

I am up and down all through the night. I need to be able to track how many times I get up. I have a Sleep Number bed with Sleep IQ which is supposed to do this but it's terribly inaccurate. Right now to track it, I try to remember to just say "getting up" so the audio will record it but I forget a lot when I'm half asleep. Please! Add this feature.

This would be an excellent addition to the watch for people who sleepwalk; or for those who get up several times to go to the bathroom! Definitely features you should look into adding.

Feedback and Knowledge Base