How could we improve Pillow?

More consistent data sync from watch to phone

My use case is possibly unusual, I have 2 apple watches - but this allows me to use your app at night as well as having a fully charged watch in the morning.

I wear my original apple watch overnight. In the morning I get up, end my sleep recording, wait for the analysis and the app of the phone to suggest it has sync'd the data. I then force press the watch app and force a manual resync of the data to phone for extra confidence. I then immediately take off my original watch and put a series 2 watch for the day.

When I later look at my phone I find that in many occasions I have not managed to successfully sync the data to the phone app. The above process fails maybe 60-70% of the days i do it and I am losing significant % of the data i want.

Optional improvements. Improve the validation around successful sync or maybe retain multiple nights data if sync has not succeeded.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Install pillow 3.3.3 version back again, this update make watch app more stable, when analysis sleep data by watch won’t get app crash when my hand put down cause screen off.

And finished analysis watch will tick to notification.

Over few hours open iPhone app that auto synced & show me result from watch.

Thank for this improved and fixed, I will keep to use more few days and purchase premium pass.

I’m excited to wait for auto start/stop feature coming, so I can free for this routine task every night & morning.

• Murrzzzzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two watches. Series 1 and 2. Track sleep on
    my 38mm series 1.

Not sure if the upgrade to 10.3.3 has anything to do with my watch not syncing but its 2 for 2 failures since the ios wos upgrade.

I get very frustrated when software doesn't work. It makes me lose sleep. LOL

Please
    Get this working again. I like the app very much.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have only been able to sync data 3 times in the first week. I get the sync data failed message every day now. I have done all the recommended steps to no avail. For the price of the app it should be more reliable.

I'm not sure why I paid $6 for this app! The only thing the $6 gave me was crappy charts that tell me nothing and the ability to scroll to previous days... Which also tell me nothing. I've had two days of "Analysis Failed" this month alone. No way to retrieve that data! So frustrating!

• Ronda Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same complaint as back in January. Press stop and analysis goes to 99% - hesitates and then back to 0%. No way to retrieve the data! FIX THIS NOW. Two days in a row and I'm beyond frustrated since it does this at least twice every month.

Session was recorded Fine in the Apple Watch but did not sync. Now it is synced but the end Time is wrong and the total Analyse scruwed up

Twice time meet "Analysis Failed"!!!!!!!!
    App still not stable. coding quality not good.

• Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Después de la última actualización de Apple Watch no sincroniza, hay que arreglar ese problema urgentemente..

• Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Snap Anonymous of Dec 31 2016 ...its really annoying isn't it

Hi my current issue is that I'm unable to run the app alone via the watch. When I press start to begin sleeping the watch says it's not synced with the phone and will continue this message until you physically open the app on the phone (can't just be opened in the background) once you physically have the app opened on the phone, then you are able to press start sleep on the watch. Seems odd this can't be done all from the watch

• KG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Past three mornings my Apple Watch would not sync to iPhone 6. Both are running updated software. So far waste of money to purchase this app. Worked a total of 3 times. Lost pairings twice. Hasn't worked since I repaired it the last time. First time got stuck at 97% and now won't get past 0%. Please fix.

today my Watch2 + WatchOS 3.1.1, its stuck at 97% analysing, 2mins then pillow crash flash out to watch face!!! Any where can i show you screenshot? I got taken photo of this. Im still in trial as free user, but this poor exp. it keep me stop to pay for premium. Anyone who not buy yet, pls take more try.

I just purchased an iwatch and came across your app. It seems better than the app that I had when I was with Samsung but the first time using it, it stops syncing at 99%. Your program seems like a good buy but I'm hesitant to pay for anything that does not work especially the first time using it.

It sync got problem when in last version, current 3.1 still same problem, i need open up watch and phone wait 1 min!! And more to sync. And when analyzing sleep data i suddenly press back, then the analysis progress hang! Stuck!!!!!! Huh.........

• royedc4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, I thought it was the update to version 3.1(because I never had this problem before) but now after upgrade I can't sync my data, it crashes at 3 % from the Apple Watch

• Keegan Soncha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My watch reached 99% and then lost all my data. It is fairly disappointing that the phone doesn't provide any back up data.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base