How could we improve Pillow?

Goodnight function

Every night I turn on Pillow, set my phone across the room, and read for about 30 minutes or so until I turn off the light and go to sleep. I've noticed that since I'm pretty quiet and my phone is across the room, Pillow thinks that I'm asleep before I've actually fallen asleep which messes with the sleep data which in turn messes with my OCD about how much sleep I'm getting.
I would love to see a "Goodnight" function that you can turn on for when you're reading (or if you're tossing and turning for awhile and haven't fallen asleep), where you would say "goodnight pillow" out loud so that the app knows now I'm really going to turn the light out and go to bed. Just a thought that I had, I'm not sure if others are in the same boat, but personally I would love to see a feature like that since I don't like to look at my phone screen after I've been reading, and I like my alarm across the room so I actually get out of bed in the morning.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LorenzoLorenzo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    NeyboxAdminNeybox (Admin, Neybox) responded  · 

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. That sounds wonderful. However there a few things to consider first. If you have placed your iPhone across the room, that means you are using your Apple Watch to track your sleep. Otherwise, Pillow won’t be able to pick up your motion during the night to perform sleep analysis. Also, if your iPhone is too far away, it won’t be able to properly monitor sounds that can also be used by Pillow’s sleep analysis algorithm and wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage.

Ideally we would love to use Siri and simply say “Hey Siri, wake me up at 8:30, goodnight!” which would open Pillow start sleep tracking and set the alarm for 8:30 as well as turn off the lights if you use smart light bulbs such as Phillips Hue.
    This not possible yet, but we believe it will soon become in upcoming versions of iOS and we will definitely support this in Pillow once it does.

That said, we are working on a new sleep monitoring and analysis algorithm that is even more capable of figuring out when you actually slept, especially if you wear your Apple Watch so you won’t have to worry about misattributed sleep time. Also that version will have the option to edit your sleep session so that you can set the start and stop time of each session.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...