How could we improve Pillow?

Add snore to graph.

Add snore to graph. Show on graph the time span I am listening to. Click on graph selects audio recording that corresponds that time

118 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Victor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve had sleep studies done. Every one of them shows 0 minutes in deep sleep stage. Pillow shows I spend a good amount of time in this stage. This correlates to my sleep apnea. Having those apnic events recorded would be helpful. As would better AI that is able to determine NO deep sleep. It seems the algorithm is based on breathing patterns. That alone doesn’t determine sleep stage. Neither does movement. I have PTSD with night terrors. Many people do. With night terrors you do not move. You move when coming out of them. In my tracking, that shows as light sleep or restlessness (usually restlessness). My reports show me going straight from deep sleep to restlessness. This show be a red flag! That is not how typical sleep patterns occur.
        If only one sleep study had shown NO deep sleep minutes my doctors & I would have thought it was a fluke. With several showing the exact same pattern, research we did shows that for many with severe PTSD it is a common issue. And explains waking not feeling refreshed; it also impacts chronic pain since deep sleep is when healing happens.
        The studies show REM & dream state as well as Stage 1 & Stage 2 sleep. Other stages are just “skipped.”
        It’s frustrating to have to go through all the data, knowing it’s inaccurate, and try to determine night terrors vs nightmares. Since dreams are quickly forgotten, & apnic events typically track to the night terrors, it would be great to have those events recorded. It would make my analysis a little easier.
        Expanding AI to include the possibility of a sleep stage being skipped would be fantastic!

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree but continue the recording longer once silence is detected. (People don’t snore when they aren’t moving air) They resume snoring/breathing in a loud distinctive way within seconds. (just seems longer when you watch a sleeping partner do it). What sucks is the sleeper usually doesn’t wake themselves up with the loud sound so they get labeled as just a loud snorer. They never wake up rested and don’t know why. I think the phone would detect this as an awakening since the sleeper has to move at least their head to open the airway. Sleep quality should measure as poor as they feel. Giving them feedback that it’s more than just window rattling snoring.

Feedback and Knowledge Base