How could we improve Pillow?

Interpret the data for us

There is lots of good data.. however, is the % I'm awake good? Bad? To me, this is like saying you have 42 bugs in your software... is it good? Bad? Can the app use big data or AI to interpret the data and give more actionable or interpreted feedback?

85 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joel Semeniuk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. I also do believe that there does need to be some enhancements to the way labels are handled.
        Sure for instance the UI could say consider walking more you sleep better on the days where you walk x number of steps. But if the app looks at things like location, it could start saying you are sleeping a lot better when you are not at home: one potential cause could be the mattress.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always have quality near 70 percents and I don’t know how I can improve it.

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I assume an “AI” could tag a sleep habit change to a sleep note. Maybe even tag awakenings to environmental sounds and tag a sleep environment change paragraph tagged to the recording.
        AIs are cheaper than people ( I hope) and surely “smart” enough to do that. Right? (Not tech savvy)
        I wouldn’t think that was diagnosing or treating anything. Just noting something ( like a motion sensing camera) isn’t diagnosing. And a “try this” brief generic sleep habit you could get on web MD isn’t treating, its just lifestyle advice. But I’m not law savvy either. Lol

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe putting the how is sleep quality measured paragraph first in sleep lab information every am since this gives normal %s. Then put in the brief paragraphs about good sleep habits and tag them to their sleep notes so they can change 1 thing at a time to see if it helps.
        It is complicated especially since you don’t diagnose. Maybe but a “try this 1 change for 1 week” before the sleep habit paragraph that is automatically tagged to a sleep note. If they don’t feel better and the sleep quality add something new to add to sleep habits.

Feedback and Knowledge Base