How could we improve Pillow?

Need vibrations Apple Watch

it is much muy easier and quiet to wake up with vibrations in most of the times for not disturbing others. it’s even more comestible and efficient most of the times i guess. so i suggest a variety of different options of vibrations, in my preference for the apple watch. with an option that make you sure that there will be no sounds that may disturb.

186 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arturo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminNeybox (Admin, Neybox) responded  · 

Hello,
    We’re exploring ways to bring haptic feedback alarms on the Apple Watch and we’d like to hear your opinion about it.

We would deeply appreciate if you could spend a few minutes to take a short survey we have prepared. It will help us learn more about how you view this and other features that we are considering for the future of Pillow on the following link:

https://neybox.typeform.com/to/nnsAkv

Thank you!

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jennifer Patterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree! This would be a great feature to have while wearing the Apple Watch. I would wake up much better with the watch vibration rather than my iPhone.

• AdminNeybox (Admin, Neybox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Unfortunately enabling alarms with haptic feedback is not as simple as you describe. Without getting into too many technical details, we cannot ignore do not disturb and we don't control the device where the notifications will appear. This is controlled by iOS only, so scheduling a notification to appear multiple times is not a reliable solution for an alarm. We've spent endless hours trying to find a reliable solution and the only one we have so far consumes a significant amount of battery, that's why we initially rejected it. However, given the popularity of this feature, we felt obliged to ask the community of Pillow users for their opinion before making a final decision.

• b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve answere the survey, however there was no explanation why it would need 50% apple watch battery drain. Is that drain necessary if the only data for smart wake comes from the apple watch? If so, then I would happily forgo smart wake. I don’t understand why it just can’t send a haptic feedback notification at the alarm time, that has the ignore do not disturb option. And keep sending these notications until I have attended to my phone in the other room. There really is not the need for the complexity of the implementation here, at least from my limited understanding.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C’mon let’s get this going. It surely can’t be that difficult. We can deal with the battery issue.

• b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As competitors have this feature, I will be using them, despite Pillow being a better app overall, I need this feature.

This would also benefit members of the deaf and hard of hearing community (like myself) who love the idea of sleep tracking but can’t use the alarm for obvious reasons. Please keep that in mind!

Thanks.

This sucks!

I wake up early 5:00 am n my wife wakes at 7:00.

Sometimes she can’t go back asleep because this stupid alarm.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t believe they were saying to use other apps, just saying that other apps have made this possible even though your claim it’s impossible.

I was also disappointed to find that the alarm didn’t hit the watch at all. If another product can do it via complication, that would work. I have my original Apple Watch I use for sleep while new one charges overnight.

Even if I had just one watch, it’s easy to swap watch faces quickly to one with the necessary complication so alarm will hit the watch. Got my vote for enhancement!

+1. Use haptics on watch will be much better than alarm sound or vibration on iPhone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base