How could we improve Pillow?

Redesign how you start a session

Setting the alarm time on the phone but starting the session from Apple Watch keeps catching me out - it should be all one device or the other, but not both.

I’ve been using Pillow for a little while but I still wake up sometimes (not every time) and discover it didn’t track any sleep data from my Apple Watch because of how I started the session. It’s always the same;

I set the alarm on the phone.
I see the Apple Watch logo is lit up, so I press start.
I go to the Watch app, press start, it tells me “there’s already a session running on the phone.”
When I wake up; no data captured.

You should be able to just use the normal watchOS alarm (or Bedtime setting), press Start on the Pillow app on the watch when you turn in, and that’s it. Having to set he alarm on he phone, but starting from the watch is too confusing.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Scott M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm about 4 days into using the free version of pillow and I can immediately tell you that I HATE bouncing between the phone and apple watch, back and forth, just to start a sleep session. It's irritating, confusing, and cumbersome enough to make me not want to use the app. I won't even consider a premium option until this is fixed. Competitors offer a streamlined way to start a sleep session via one device or the other, not both in tandem. The MAIN feature I like about pillow, and why I haven't swapped apps yet, is because I like the smart alarm feature and waking up in a lighter sleep cycle. But I tell you, if AutoSleep comes out with the smart alarm feature before you guys fix your back-and-forth circus, then they'll get my $2.99 and Pillow is getting trashed off my devices. Thank you for your time. Fix your service.

• Andrew Berry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Likewise, there is some weird back and forth you have to do between the watch and phone app. For example, if I start a session on my watch I have to manually add sleep notes on my phone. It’s the same thing with mood reporting, where I stop the session on the watch and then have to manually add the mood. It’d be much better to do this all from the watch app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After a long day, I cannot know if I have the energy to take the phone, scroll the alarm and then start the session in the watch. It must be in the watch where I need to set the alarm and start a session (sound recording doesn't matter in this case), and a vibration on the watch in morning when alarm goes on is also welcomed.

The current workflow looks like a double work, kind of irritating.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have missed recording session because of the multi-step process of starting one...between the phone and watch. Competitors maker an auto start feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base