How could we improve Pillow?

Sleep apnea info

I would to see some information/metrics on the amount of sleep apnea experienced during the night.

103 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can feedback from devices such as O2 Vibe, and ResMed be fed into Pillow sleep analysis?
    These are actual devices, but they record to phone (maybe watch) by Bluetooth and have similarly formatted data feedback. (Though that doesn’t mean diddly-squat maybe if coding written differently.)
    INFO TO MY FELLOW PILLOW USERS RE: SLEEP APNEA: First! I’m no expert.
    But there is a device called “O2 Vibe” that is a very small device that circles the wrist for pulse and has a small extending line to fit around a finger as an oximeter. If your oxygen goes into dangerous levels you can even set it to vibrate to hopefully rouse you enough to BREATHE. I bought it for my husband, since during a period of my own insomnia, caused partially by his snoring, I noticed he literally couldn’t breathe sometimes. This is different from heavy snoring. Since he refuses to get sleep analysis, I bought this device, and two nights of readings showed not only changes in heart rate but dangerously low oxygen levels. These often corresponded with what I thought were nightmares.
    I also bought ResMed which supposedly does all sorts of analysis but we haven’t used it yet.
    I’m going to try on myself for fun to see how it lines up with Pillow feedback.
    I suppose I’m suggesting to fellow Pillow users, we’re asking maybe too much from the Pillow app regarding sleep apnea. My husband’s worst oxygen readings are during nearly soundless periods. (During insomnia period I could observe this. I could tell he was in distress but he wasn’t making any noise. I always wake him slightly until he starts breathing again.). Snoring at least indicates some air passing through.
    💡💡💡Idea for those of you using the sound recordings: If you hear yourself suddenly coughing or something similar after silence: THAT is MORE ominous than snoring!!!!! (I have read, and witnessed anyway.) If airway completely blocked, eventually the body freaks and you’ll startle into coughing or something similar. Before that only very light tics of sound as body struggles to inhale.
    ****Pillow suggestion: Adding in oximeter reading/data would be great for sleep apnea concerns!****

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree about considering the Factors of Noises (like CPAB), at the Algorithms, good idea NAYER

As sleep apnea runs in my family and I am often sleeping away from my family when I am working, it would be awesome to know if I’m having any apnea episodes during the night! This would be amazing!

I want this! My doctor has been investigating into my ongoing tiredness and I got Pillow to help but it doesn’t yet track breathing!

• Evan Nayee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great for Pillow to factor noise from a CPAP machine into the algorithm because that extra noise will affect the analysis and recordings.

• Joan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks to the sound recordings, I discovered that I was snoring in the middle of the night, not just my husband. After getting a sleep study for my husband and his going on a Cpap machine, I began to focus on my own sleep quality. The initial test, an oximetry test, revealed that my oxygen level dropped to 80% which warranted a full sleep study. I’ve only been on a Cpap machine for one month and the resulting improvement In my sleep is truly amazing. Thank you Pillow for the feedback.

That would be FABULOUS!!!! A recommendation from my dr. is why I downloaded this app to see if I needed a sleep study. A video mode would be cool too!

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree - apparently a lot of people suffer from this and don’t know.

Feedback and Knowledge Base