How could we improve Pillow?

Manually edit data of sleep (Not only beginning and end)

Although I put my mic sensibility in "low", sometimes Pillow will record long periods of "awake" in the middle of the night even if I'm 100% confident I was asleep.
It would be GREAT if we could manually edit that data in the morning, to gain more accuracy when the technology fails a little.
Be able to select those periods and change the "awake" for "light sleep", for instance. Etc.

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gwile shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add comments to the sound clips. (i.e. husband woke me up to talk, dog needed out, etc) so that I can just glance & see that at 10:05 there was a reason and I don’t need to listen again to find out why if I’m showing my dr.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if it was just manually deleting the times when it say that you’re awake when you are not would be nice! It also could be another data source for the AI to learn from making it more accurate in the future!!

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know I was awake last night in about 30 min because I was breastfeeding my son. But pillow shows that time as “light sleep”. Maybe my hart rate did nog get up or something but this is not the first time this happens.

This is the reason I am reading comments. Last nights analysis shows that I was awake for a solid hour between 1:30-2:30 am and there is no sound recorded during this time to support this. Obviously this is affecting my sleep quality % for the night so wish I had the option to edit it out.

Agreed! I started the pillow app, then clicked on my notes app and typed for an hour and a half while pillow was running in background. The AI claimed I was alternating in light and deep sleep, when I was actually typing and awake. How can I train the AI to better interpret the audio recordings that show I was typing and awake?

• Felix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly what I would like to see also. Maybe a simple swipe up or down on the single coloured blocks in the edit screen to select light sleep, deep sleep, R.E.M. or awake. I sometimes do have heavy dreams with heart rates of 120, which get analysed as awake.

• Gwile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use my app without Apple Watch so, for instance when it rains during the night, I will get registered 1 hour "awake" when I'm actuallly sleeping.
        I get the limitation of the app and techonology but hence, for the sake of accuracy, I should be able to edit those periods.

+ what's the point to be able to change the beginning or end of a sleep session if it's gonna be marked as "awake" anyways :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base